Go bananas (Idiom)
- (slang) to go mildly crazy.
- (informal) to become very angry
- to become very emotional
Hmm… I have always heard about this phrase, but I have never thought of googling its meaning until now. This is how a pregnant woman feels (or sometimes makes as an excuse for a funny behaviour, haha!) from time to time due to hormones, right? Just sayin’…
This post is not about hormones or pregnancy. It’s about banana bread, one of my favourites! During my 8 months of pregnancy, banana is one of the fruits that I should always have at home to make my eating healthy. Not a fan of vegetables, yes. That’s why I have to make it up with fruits.
Anyways, I found this easy Banana Bread recipe on Pinterest weeks ago and thought of giving it a try. It’s so easy that I don’t have to wait for the weekend to whip it up. Here’s a link to the original recipe.
1 cup butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (omit if you used salted butter)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In the bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter/banana mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared greased bread pans.
- Bake mini loaves for 25 minutes; small loaves for 30-35 minutes; large loaf for 45 minutes, or until pick inserted in the center comes out clean. (I used a 20cm round foil pan and baked for about 40 minutes)
I love watching them rise and brown in the oven. I feel a sense of fulfilment… a job well done! While hoping and praying that they will be delicious enough to share and be proud about, haha!
Cracks on top — check! They are just like what I see on professionally made banana bread, so seeing them on my work is like saying to myself, “High five, mommy! You did it right!” I like how the top became crunchy, that’s the best part of the banana bread for me.
I ate it with hot choco, perfect for a rainy morning…
Thanks for dropping by!
P.S. I hope you’re enjoying my food posts. I have been planning for some DIY projects for two weekends now (with the long weekend that just passed) but it has been set aside due to greater love for food! Sorry… Btw, if you would like to follow me on Pinterest, please do so by clicking here. Thanks a lot!