A sunny Tuesday to all!
Exactly a month from now, Baby Alexa is due to come out! Last night, I took a closer look at my growing belly and I can already see red lines. Stretch marks, oh no!
For the donut
- 5 tbsp (about 1/3 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the topping
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 165ºC.
- Lightly oil mini donut pan and set aside (I used mini muffin pans).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined (mixture will look curdled).
- Mix in the baking powder, then the salt.
- Mix in the flour just until combined.
- If using mini donut pan, transfer mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or into a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off. Pipe into the pan only filling 1/2 of the way fill. If using the mini muffin pan, fill each well 1/2 full.
- Bake at 165ºC for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before dipping in topping
- Melt the butter for the topping and combine the cinnamon and sugar
- Dip each donut lightly in butter then roll in cinnamon and sugar.
I just love cinnamon! Remember the cinnamon scrolls we had a few weeks ago? Click here in case you missed it.
Since I used mini muffin pans for this recipe, I had little munchkin-like donuts which I like because it’s bite-sized. For parties, I feel that having bite-sized desserts is best because the guests can try and taste whatever they find interesting on the table, and just come back for second serving or more of what they want best.
The toppers are free printables, links you can find in my previous post.