Today is Part 2 of the recipe-sharing from my baby shower dessert table, and I will be sharing with you my Mini Carrot Muffins.
I used the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe which I did on my birthday, but because I want the desserts to be bite-sized, hence the mini muffins.
- I used pre-chopped almonds (instead of pecans in the recipe, and cashew/macadamia nuts in my birthday cake) because I wanted the preps to be easier. I liked the crunch!
- Size of muffin cups used is 3 cm height x 3.5 cm base. I did not use muffin pans ‘coz the cups are quite sturdy to stand by itself so I just arranged them on the baking tray, about 32 pcs per batch. No oiling done on the cups.
- I filled each cup 3/4 full, just enough for it to rise to the rim when done. (Photo for this step, as seen below, was added on 29 August 2013. Sorry, I forgot that I took this.)
- Baking time is only 10-12 minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- I used the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, but only in half quantities since I will be using less frosting for the muffins. Spread about a teaspoon on top of each muffin.
- I sprinkled some colourful little candy stars on top to make it pretty!
Total yield for this recipe is about 5 1/2 dozen mini muffins, just nice to serve in family gatherings or mini parties.
Isn’t it pretty? I love the pink and gray baby elephant topper!
The toppers are free printables, links you can find in my previous post. The cupcake stand was improvised using two plates of different sizes, and a brown coffee mug in between.
Hope you like it. Stay tuned for the 3rd and last dessert recipe from my baby shower to be posted soon… my personal favourite, Chocolate Crinkles!