A rainy Thursday to everyone!
Today, let’s do something web-trendy. How about a “Throwback Thursday?”
I will be sharing with you one of the desserts my sisters and I love having while growing up. When we were kids, our father would buy freshly grated coconut from the market and extract the milk to mix in with meat or veggies for our meal, or to make coconut oil for our hair. The desiccated coconut will then be for the coconut macaroons. It is a very easy recipe that anyone can whip up.
- 14 ounces (about 400 grams) Sweet Shredded Coconut (or desiccated coconut)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- 14 ounces (1 can) condensed milk
- Place the butter in a big bowl and cream using a fork.
- Add-in the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs and condensed milk then stir/beat until all ingredients are blended. (I used the electric mixer at this step ‘coz the ingredients just don’t mix well when I do manually. I want to use as little muscle power as possible to avoid stressing myself out, hehe..).
- Put in the shredded coconut and distribute evenly with the other ingredients in the mixture. (I used a spatula here to avoid over beating the coconut).
- In a mold (with paper cups if possible), place 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each of the cups (Fill about 3/4 of the mold/cup. I used my muffin pan here. I did not use paper cups ‘coz I forgot and was too lazy to go out again and buy. But I recommend using paper cups because the bottom would be moist and will be breaking without any support.).
- Pre-heat oven at 190 degrees C for 10 minutes
- Bake the Coconut Macaroon mixture for 20 to 30 minutes or until colour turns golden brown.
Hubby’s friends came over last Saturday for lunch, and I served these for dessert. It was a hit! (I made two batches of the ingredients just to make sure that we have enough for everyone. I’m glad I did.)
It was served together with the Chocolate Crinkles, which was equally delish and was a hit as well!
Everybody’s wondering why hubby is growing some tummy like me. I think you can easily guess why…
Have a great day!