Last night before going to bed, I was browsing through the internet and stumbled upon Auntie Anne’s baking kit which features different pretzel recipes.
Then I remembered the left over pretzel dough which I popped into the freezer last week. I took it out of the freezer and put it on the kitchen counter overnight to thaw. I didn’t want it to go to waste.
When I woke up at 12nn today (yes, I do sleep that long during weekends), not only did it thaw but it also rose and got bigger.
Just in case you missed, here’s the link to the soft pretzels recipe and cinnamon sugar from last week.
- Knead the dough a few times for about 3 minutes on the lightly floured countertop
- Cut into pieces (I made about 20) and rolled and stretched it to about 1 inch wide by 5 inches long.
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees C.
- Poured about 3 cups of hot water into a small bowl and mix with 2 tbsps of baking soda. Whisk until dissolved. Quickly dip the dough until it is fully covered with the solution. Shake off excess water then transfer to a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake the pretzels for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, turning it 180 degrees once at the 10-minute mark to bake evenly.
- Melt about 3 tbsps butter in the microwave. Prepare cinnamon sugar.
- After pretzels has cooled, brush the top with butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
I think it turned out better than the pretzel bites.. and it would be even more delicious with caramel sauce. (I will try to do that again someday!)