This week is Valentines week. Hubby and I haven’t thought of what to do or where to go yet on Valentines Day, but it definitely has to be baby-friendly ‘coz the little kiddo is coming with us. That means, no movies or dinner at a fine dining restaurant, but what’s for sure is it will be very special because we are sharing this love-filled day as a family.
Valentines Day related post will be shared soon. For the meantime, I want to share another very simple recipe with you.
Chinese New Year celebrations for this Year of the Horse end also on 14 Feb. So before it officially ends, I tried to make this crunchy treat that my family loves.
Mini Spring Rolls
Recipe from Rasa Malaysia
- 1 packet (40 pcs) frozen spring roll skin (medium size)
- 100g ready made fish/pork/chicken floss (whichever you prefer)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- Oil, for deep frying
- Cut each of the spring roll wrappers into 4. Lay the skin on a flat surface.
- Put 1 teaspoon of the meat floss at the center of the skin. Fold in the two sides and roll it up tightly. Seal the edges with the egg wash.
- Heat up your wok with enough cooking oil. Once the oil is fully heated up, fry the mini spring rolls on medium heat until golden brown. It takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Dish out and drain the oil. Leave to cool. Make sure the spring rolls are completely cool before keeping it in an airtight container. This will ensure that the spring rolls remain crispy.
Btw, the Chinese Walnut Cookies that I made was quite a hit! Especially to my coffee-lover friends. You should try it!