I am not a fan of oatmeal per se, but when they are turned to cookies, I LOVE!
Why haven’t I thought of making this recipe earlier when, every time I open the kitchen cupboard, I would see that big bag of quick cook oats! Thanks to Erwan Heusaff’s website for featuring this perfect oatmeal cookie recipe. I didn’t do his flavored version, but I did add some semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Be warned: Erwan is sooo hot that you would want to play his videos over and over and over again!!! I did, haha!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from The Fat Kid Inside
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tbsp low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup instant or quick cook oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven at 180 deg C.
- Mix all ingredients except oatmeal, flour and chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl
- For crisp cookies, do not put in milk. For chewy cookies, add 1 tbsp milk. (I opted for the crisp cookies)
- Gradually add in the oatmeal and flour. Once well-combined, add in the chocolate chips and mix until distributed evenly.
- Drop about tablespoonfuls of dough onto a greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until light brown for about 10-15 minutes.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
I love the crispness of the cookie, with just a hint of sweetness to it. I also made a version of it without the chocolate chips, so we have some snack variation.
Thanks for dropping by,