Ice cream is my kitchen project this past week. I know, I missed to do it in summer, but rainy days cannot stop me!
I have watched several shows where ice cream was done using an ice cream maker. Well, good news! All you really need is a whisk to whip up your favorite ice cream!
This recipe from Rasa Malaysia has been sitting in my phone’s web browser for I think a month now, waiting to be tried and tested. Finally, I did.
Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Prepare to make whipped cream. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks formed.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart container, covered and freeze for 6 hours or until ice cream is set. Ready to serve as is, or on ice cream cone.
The taste is a perfect treat for cinnamon lovers, but it turned out to be a bit thick and dense. It took overnight for the ice cream to set. I searched the net on what went wrong and found these great tips which I would definitely try when I make ice cream again.
Enjoy and thanks for dropping by,